Last Stand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

warrior pvp "guide"

+5
Edoly
Kossak
Napsterius
Mikac
Gally
9 posters

Go down

warrior pvp "guide" Empty warrior pvp "guide"

Post by Gally Wed 27 Feb 2008, 12:16

hi warriors, any suggestions how to kill a good equipped rogue with ass full of dodging etc?

if i use overpower he is able to dodge it too ( skill description: CAN'T dodged / parried / blocked ) so it seems bugged but how to kill him then? just charging / stunning / intercepting and hoping that he'll get some damage and dies?
Gally
Gally
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-02-27

Back to top Go down

warrior pvp "guide" Empty Re: warrior pvp "guide"

Post by Mikac Wed 27 Feb 2008, 12:38

if u want to kill full geared rogue u shuld not pick fury spec,coz u will be raped,go with shield,but still its not 100% u will win....real Warr vs rogue pwnage is Arms warriors...Second Wind is awesome skill + massive 2hander=rogues dead...so yeah,if u want to rape rogues go Arms Smile

Mikac
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Gally Wed 27 Feb 2008, 13:29

why arms? I've 2nd wind then -> rage and a 2nd weap and then?....i've mortal strike, intercept some spec for something and....... whatever >.<
Gally
Gally
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Napsterius Wed 27 Feb 2008, 13:34

Notable Rogue Abilities:

* Vanish (Rend damage-over-time breaks stealth.)
* Stun Attacks: Gouge, Kidney Shot, Cheap Shot
* High Damage Finishing Moves: Eviscerate, Envenom
* Weapon Poisons: Crippling Poison
* Damage over time (DoT) bleed attacks: Garrote, Rupture
* Powerful cooldown abilities: Evasion, Adrenaline Rush

Rogues deal tons of damage and have lots of ways to control the fight. However since they must get down and dirty with your plate-covered self to do this; unless a Rogue catches you completely unaware, you will have a fairly easy time whacking them down if you know what you're doing and keep your head cool.

Use a two handed weapon and Overpower as much as possible. Rogues dodge quite a bit because they have bunches of Agility which simply makes them dodge. Remember to activate Beserker Rage before you switch to Battle Stance for Overpower, otherwise the rogue will Gouge you. You can use Hamstring and other instant attacks to 'probe' for a dodge. The improved overpower talent is amazingly effective, especially with a slow two handed weapon. Disarm can also be useful against rogues and it frequently surprises them and causes them to move away from you, which is the perfect time to Intercept.

Furthermore, many rogues will attempt to backstab you, or use any other attack through Stealthing, if you get your timing right, you can use a Demoralizing Shout or any other Area of Effect spell to remove their Stealth, if successful, you will have a large step ahead from the Rogue, since it's a large part of their Stun Lock tactics. The 'Second Wind' talent is very good at mitigating some of the damage done to you while incapacitated by one of the rogues stun lock abilities, but keep in mind that it cannot outheal a rogue's attacks. In order to avoid in-combat stealthing try to always have a Rend or Deep Wounds on the rogue.

Rogues' Gouge and Sap abilities are often used to buy them time, either to kill another target or regenerate their energy. If hit by either of these abilities while in Berserker Stance, you can activate Berserker Rage, giving you immunity to these Disorient effects and breaking you free to continue fighting. Since a rogue's lower armor makes it difficult for them to beat a warrior in a straight up fight, they often make good use of stuns and disorients to get in extra hits--by breaking a Gouge, you can often turn the battle in your favor.

Remember lots of the rogue's abilities revolve around positioning and by hamstringing him you seriously impair his ability to maneuver around you and use these abilities effectively. DON'T just stand still while fighting a rogue, run round, jump, spin about on the spot......anything you can do to make it difficult for him to use his incapacitate abilities on you, if he can't stun lock you he has no chance against you. Remember you have the upper hand in terms of damage and armor. As soon as it turns into a stand-up fight the rogue is simply outclassed.

A typical rogue fight goes like this:

The rogue saps you: If you're dueling you are in beserker stance and wearing 1h-shield to break sap and soak up the incoming damage.

The rogue proceeds to stunlocks you: You wait until you got some rage and break his stunlock with your pvp-trinket and immediately fear him. This buys you precious time to do Hamstring, and get ready to Overpower spam him in Battle Stance.

The rogue can now either try to continue stunlocking, which will be hard since there are diminishing returns and you are hitting him hard, or he can try to re-engage the fight with a new stunlock. The best way to avoid this is by having a Rend on him or keeping an eye out for any Deep Wounds ticks. If you see him trying to run away to stealth simply Intercept and hit away while he's stunned.
Napsterius
Napsterius
Grand Marshal
Grand Marshal

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-02-25

https://laststand.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gally Wed 27 Feb 2008, 14:11

this is an awesome post but the prob is i saw many rogues _dodging_ my overpower and this ability has a really ugly cooldown... and i don't know if demo shout is working at enemys ( lowering there AP )
Gally
Gally
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikac Wed 27 Feb 2008, 17:18

sry,correction..on NS,dont go arms or fury,ull just get owned (Riptose FTW),just go prot....and ull own rogues atm Smile

Mikac
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Number of posts : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by Gally Wed 27 Feb 2008, 17:41

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LA0bbhZVZbEtocMzMxct that is my skilltree but i suck still vs good rogues =/
Gally
Gally
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Kossak Fri 29 Feb 2008, 09:08

I tried all the talent combination on my warr, except protection, with dual wield and 2H, but I have to say that the damage really sucks, rage generation too...I'm pretty sure that most of the talents on arms are not working + the dodged overpower....really sad especially with a 3.5 speed 2h weapon....I put my warr to rest 'till some things will be repaired because is really frustrating to play the way damage is atm.
Kossak
Kossak
Private
Private

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-02-29

http://www.kossak.hi5.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gally Fri 29 Feb 2008, 09:14

yes arm is really bugged, fury too , the most improvements doesn't work... its really sad i was thinking about to play a warlock or mage for pvp...
Gally
Gally
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Edoly Fri 29 Feb 2008, 12:09

Edoly > warriors.. ^^
Edoly
Edoly
Knight-Captain
Knight-Captain

Number of posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Shurki Sun 30 Mar 2008, 08:22

man edoly ur comments r really great
sry for spam

Shurki
Private
Private

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Sun 30 Mar 2008, 09:01

Sry but warriors are pussys when they fight paladins so there is no way a warrior can defeat a paladin.
Don
Don
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Number of posts : 106

Back to top Go down

Post by Evolutionery Sun 30 Mar 2008, 09:53

I am about to make a useless post so i will just /FArt lol!
Evolutionery
Evolutionery
Commander
Commander

Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Drix Wed 16 Apr 2008, 15:09

Yep warriors is bugged like hell right now, but u can still own others if u know how u play em. Even a pally Smile Nothing is impossible in a game. U kan go google some pvp guides or u can find a nice guide in Wowwiki.com.

Good luck.

Drix
Private
Private

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down